عنوان مقاله [English]
In this paper, we have theoretically studied the temperature dependent (77–600 K) of electrical transport of two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG) in Al0.83In0.17N/GaN heterostructure in two conditions: with and without “interlayer”. The results of our analysis based on various scattering mechanisms and Matthiessen’s rule indicate that in sample with interlayer the dislocation density has decreased to about 2.8 times compare with another sample without interlayer and this in turn has led to raise the 2DEG mobility in the former sample. Also considering the reported data at 77 K related to the 2D electron gas density, which shows it is higher in sample with interlayer, we tried to analyze these data on the basis of Fermi-Dirac statistics. We found that increasing the electron density in the well will tend to decrease the width of the well and therefore increase the internal electric field. These variations also change the position of electronic levels and the Fermi level inside the well.
1. T. Arai, D. Timmerman, R. Wakamatsu, D.G. Lee, A. Koizumi, Y. Fujiwara, “Enhanced excitation efficiency of Eu ions in Eu-doped GaN/AlGaN multiple quantum well structures grown by organometallic vapor phase epitaxy”; Journal of Luminescence 158 (2015) 70-74.
2. S.W. Kaun, E. Ahmadi, B. Mazumder, F. Wu, E.C. Kyle, P.G., Burke, P.G. Burke, U.K. Mishra and J. S. Speck; “GaN-based high-electron-mobility transistor structures with homogeneous lattice-matched InAlN barriers grown by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy”; Semiconductor Science and Technology 29, No. 4 (2014) 045011.
3. S. Gökden, R. Tülek, A. Teke, J.H. Leach, Q. Fan, J. Xie, Ü. Özgür, H. Morkoc, S.B. Lisesivdin and E. Özbay; “Mobility limiting scattering mechanisms in nitride-based two-dimensional heterostructures with the InGaN channel”; Semiconductor Science and Technology 25, No. 4 (2010) 045024.
4. M.T. Hasan, H. Tokuda and M. Kuzuhara; “Surface barrier height lowering at above 540 K in AlInN/AlN/GaN heterostructures”; Applied physics letters 99, No. 13 (2011) 132102.
5. A. Teke, S. Gökden, R. Tülek, J.H. Leach, Q. Fan, J. Xie, Ü. Özgür, H. Morkoç, S.B. Lisesivdi, E. Özbay; “The effect of AlN interlayer thicknesses on scattering processes in lattice-matched AlInN/GaN two-dimensional electron gas het6. J.S. Xue, J.C. Zhang, W. Zhang, L. Li, F.N Meng, M. Lu, J. Ning and Y.H.
Monemar; “Effects of AlN interlayer on the transport properties of nearly latticematched
InAlN/GaN heterostructures grown on sapphire by pulsed metal organic
chemical vapor deposition”; Journal of Crystal Growth 343, No. 1 (2012) 110-
7. J. H. Davies; “The Physics of Low-dimensional Semiconductors: an introduction”;
Cambridge University Press (1998).
8. I. Lo, J.K. Tsai, Li-Wei Tu, K.Y. Hsieh, M. H. Tsai, C.S. Liu, J. H. Huang, S.
Elhamri, W.C. Mitchel and J. K. Sheu; “Piezoelectric effect on Al0.35-
δInδGa0.65N/GaN heterostructures”; Applied Physics Letters 80, No. 15 (2002)
9. J. Singh; “Electronic and optoelectronic properties of semiconductor Structures”;
Cambridge University Press (2003).
10. K. Lee, M. S. Shur, T. J. Drummond and H. Morkoc; “Low field mobility of 2d
electron gas in modulation doped AlxGa1-xAs/GaAs layers”; Journal of Applied
Physics 54, No. 11 (1983) 6432-6438.
11. H. Eshghi and M. Mootabian; “A quantitative study on the effect of nitrogen
concentration on two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG) mobility in a dilute
nitride GaAsN/AlGaAs heterostructure”; Solid State Communications 151, No. 1
12. K. R. Begum and N.S. Sankeshwar; “Phonon-limited electron mobility in IIInitride
heterojunctions”; Diamond and Related Materials 49 (2014) 87-95.erostructures”; New Journal of Physics 11, No. 6 (213. A. Asgari, M. Kalafi and L. Faraone; “The effects of GaN capping layer
thickness on two-dimensional electron mobility in GaN/AlGaN/GaN
heterostructures”; Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures 25,
No.4 (2005) 431-437.
14. R. Tülek, E. Arslan, A. Bayraklı, S. Turhan, S. Gökden, Ö. Duygulu, A.A. Kaya
, T. Fırat, A. Teke and E. Özbay; “The effect of GaN thickness inserted between
two AlN layers on the transport properties of a lattice matched
AlInN/AlN/GaN/AlN/GaN double channel heterostructure”; Thin Solid Films
551 (2014) 146-152.
15. S.L. Rumyantsev, M.S. Shur and M.E. Levinshtein; “Materials Properties of
Nitrides: Summary”; International Journal of High Speed Electronics and
Systems 14, No. 01 (2004) 1-19.
16. S. Gökden, A. Ilgaz, N. Balkan and S. Mazzucato; “The effect of scattering
mechanisms on the low field mobility in GaN/AlGaN heterostructures”; Physica
E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures 25, No. 01 (2004) 86-92.
17. J.L. Weyher, H. Ashraf and P.R. Hageman; “Reduction of dislocation density in
epitaxial GaN layers by overgrowth of defect-related etch pits”; Applied Physics
Letters 95, No. 3 (2009) 031913.009) 063031.